Monday, January 4, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday?

Super Hubby took the entire month of December off - just to hang out at home with us and play. What a wonderfully full and fun month we had.

And I set myself up on a serious challenge while he was home, Internet. I vowed I wouldn't change a single diaper the entire month. And of course, I didn't tell him that, I just let him change The Little on his own. A few times it took comments from me like, "Oh wow! You sure did make a stinky! I wonder where I put those diapers?" Then I would walk into the next room looking for said diapers. When I would return a few minutes later Super Hubby would be mid diaper change and chatting our toddler up about the advantages of toilet training.

Unfortunately, my 30 day diaper challenge was a complete bust. Are you ready for the grand number of diapers I changed in the month of December? Keep in mind this doesn't include slapping a clean diaper on his bare little bottom after a bath. Those are easy. This just includes changing dirty diapers and wet diapers. The number is staggering.

Two.

That's right. Two entire diapers changed. Man. Epic fail on my part.

Of course, Super Hubby caught on mid-way through the experiment and made a comment about my obvious lack of poo-poo and pee-pee help as of late. He caught my sly grin and burst into raucous laughter. He was onto my game, and willingly let me play it to the max, with the exception of the two times he was out running errands. Hence the two diaper fail.

I have the best husband ever.

He's back at work today, leaving The Little and I to figure out our morning rhythm all over again. We let it slide for a month. As much as I love having Super Hubby home, there was a sigh of relief breathed this morning, if only to have some semblance of a routine again. After a month of playing, staying up late, missing naps, visiting family and friends I found that both The Little and I were craving our quiet mornings together. The rhythm isn't quite there yet, but we're working on it.

So here it is in pictures. Our Monday morning.

Breakfast - Whole Wheat Bulgar, Milk, Maple Syrup and Frozen Blueberries


Looking Out The Front Window for Dada.


Jumping on the Bed:



Baking Ginger Crackle Cookies:


Slowly I expect we'll find our routine again. I'm looking forward to rediscovering it. How was yours effected during the holidays?

Yours in rhythm,
Simple Mama

PS..make sure to check out Design For Baby - and enter to win a Kathy Kruse doll from Hazelnut Kids.
Design For Baby

5 comments:

  1. School started back today so we are finding our routine slowly. Lots of overtired and crying girlies though. I can't wait to find that rhythm again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the rhythm and routine too. I am regaining it. When he arrived home from work yesterday he commented on my calm mood and how happy I seemed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at the diaper challenge. I've been there (and got sussed too!)

    I've missed the rhythm of the everyday too and can't wait to get back to it. We are starting the year afresh with new routines though as my little one starts nursery (kindergarten) a few hours a day today. Can't wait to see how they develop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a whole month? Such a wonderful luxury! We are fumbling for our routine. The girls are back in school, daddy is back at work but the boys and I now have Saffi mixed into our routine. It's going to take some time

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW! I think the number of diapers my husband changed through 3 children was two. :-)

    ReplyDelete