Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cracked

When our plans for an egg hunt fell through, we decided to take some of our homemade and Etsy purchased Cascarones outside and make our own springtime fun.



The glitter and confetti was everywhere!  Yes, some made it down my shirt.   Most of it actually, it seemed. 



Our own eggs from our chickens proved tough to crack.  The shells were thicker than your run of the mill store bought white egg - so we had to crack them in our hands rather than on heads.   Can you believe my head wasn't hard enough to crack an egg?   We're still laughing about that. 


He was so busy trying to take a cool shadow picture that he didn't even see me coming!


 An impromptu hug from my boy.  I'm so glad Super Hubby caught this moment.


The best part is we still have plenty of eggs to crack open in the coming weeks!   (And lots of glitter scattered all over the floors of our house after dragging it in on our clothes.)   Fun stuff, these memories.

Simple Mama


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! :D Your son will grow up with such special memories ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had great fun! I agree, this is what memories are made of.

    I've passed a blog award onto you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo jealous .Guys you had loaded of fun !!!! Love your photos. sell my house

    ReplyDelete