Thursday, January 28, 2010

Burning Off Energy


Sometimes it's hard to do in the dead of winter. The drizzly Pacific Northwest is often times just too cold and wet for Mama. I'm sure The Little doesn't mind when he's all bundled up, but myself? I don't always feel like playing in chilly puddles.



Today was one of those days. So we piled into the car and drove down to the local community center where they turn a basketball court into a toddlers play land several times a week. For an hour and a half little ones run around from toy to toy trying to decide what to do.


This was our first time going, and we met up with a friend and her two children. My son was overwhelmed at first. Bright colors, lots of squealing, excited children, so many choices. He caught on pretty quickly however, and was soon running around with all the other children his age, checking out all the novelty (ie - plastic) toys.

By the last 10 minutes he was done. Tired, just this side of a meltdown, ready for lunch. Did I mention tired?




He played hard and he crashed hard at home. And while I'm not sure we'll repeat the experience 3 times a week like some of the families, it was a blessing today, when too many days of cold and damp had kept us indoors.



Yours in the bliss that is an exhausted, early napping toddler,

Simple Mama

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun but I think once a month would be all I could handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it just needs to be done. Glad he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to get out and let him run around! That's so hard when it's too cold/wet to do it. We need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete