Monday, September 14, 2009

An Annual Event

Every year my family attends the annual Sausage Festival put on by the St. Joseph School.

Eating a sausage with Daddy


It's a local event that draws thousands with the promise of small time carnival fun, delicious food and a glittering midway. This year, the Little was just old enough to truly appreciate a carnival in all it's awesomeness. His eyes glittered as he took in the sights, the sounds, the smells, the taste and the experience of the entire event.

Trying an ice cream cone

I've always loved spending time at the Sausage Festival with my husband and our friends, but this year? This year I adored it! There was just something magical about witnessing an event through brand new eyes. Seeing the things my son saw, the expression he made the first time he tasted cotton candy!

"Wow...cotton candy is weird!"


Hearing him squeal with glee on his first carousel ride made me feel like I was 5 years old.

His first carousel ride.

It was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend.

Little legs don't move very fast at the end of the day.

We're already planning for next year. Feeling blessed thinking annual family fun I can look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment