Friday, May 7, 2010

Three Years Old

Three years ago you changed my life completely, irrevocably, in the most profound way possible.

Three years ago I grew up. I stopped worrying so much about myself, my needs, my comfort and focused my energy on you, the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.


Three years ago I became your mama. The craziest, hardest, easiest, most fulfilling, most sleep deprived, most hilarious, grossest, funniest, exhausting, enlightening, growth filled job I'd ever had.

Happy Birthday baby. It is an honor and privilege to be your mama, to watch you grow, to observe you discover your world, to kiss your sweet curls away from your forehead at night, to dry your tears, and share in fits of hysterical giggles.

You fill my heart to overflowing each and every day.


Here are few photos from our day, which was spent at the Portland Zoo and his Great Aunt Debbie's and Great Grandma Alice's house. More photos will be up later.


His Indiana Jones cake:



Wearing his stunning birthday crown and his mama's sunglasses.


His stuffed letter birthday garland


His birthday spiral


It was a beautiful, lovely, perfect day for our 3 year old to celebrate his birthday.

Blessings and Light,
Simple Mama

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful celebration! Happy birthday, Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birth day mama! what a cutie! that is a spectacular crown. enjoy your mother's day tomorrow. hope you are pampered to your content! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What a fun day and a fabulous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. Happy birthday Hunter and happy birth day to you ;) Gotta catch up soon - miss you!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all blessed to have you in our family. God has given us all a special angel when he sent you to be the son of your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! happy birth-day to you both!
    I LOVE his crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you mind sharing where you got this spiral?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The spiral was purchased from the Etsy store, Dragons and Mermaids. I believe they are in vacation mode right now.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/dragonsandmermaids

    ReplyDelete