Friday, February 4, 2011

Why Don't You Make Celery Stamped Valentine's Day Cards

I blatantly borrowed this idea from Maureen Cracknell.

The moment I saw it on her blog, I knew we had to try it ourselves. My photography isn't nearly as beautiful as hers, and my stamping wasn't as perfect, but oh my goodness we had fun with this project.

It's so simple I'm not sure instructions are even needed.

Here, take a look:


Don't you just LOVE the way the base of the celery stalk makes a beautiful rose print? We used red tempera paint. I watered it down just a bit because we found that straight out of the bottle it was too thick and didn't leave that gorgeous flower print image, just a glob of paint.


Make sure you apply even pressure when you press down. Don't rock back and forth too much. Make sure to smile and look cute while you're doing it in case someone takes a picture.

We added some glitter, some green tempera paint leaves and wrote "Be Mine" on the outside of the card. The inside is blank so that my son can color, practice his "H's", and leave dictated love notes for friends and family. Such a sweetly simple Valentine's Day card. Thank you Maureen for the inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Спасибо! Обязательно попробуем с дочей!))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful, especially your little one! My kids love anytime I say "let's play with our food!" : ) Thanks for trying out our craft and sharing it here! We'll be sharing our finished Valentine's sometime this coming week. Be sure to stop by!

    xo ~ maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable... une belle idée pour une ravissante fleur...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea so much that I did it today and posted about it on my blog:
    Createstudio.blogspot.com. Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I much prefer to use it for printing than eating it!

    ReplyDelete