Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hearts for Haiti II

We've had a crazy week. Super Hubby's month off in the month December has led to lots and lots of travel in January thus far. He's home for the weekend, but leaves Monday again for a week. I'll be happy to have him home after this next business trip for a while.

While he's here, we've been reading and watching updates on the situation in Haiti, our hearts heavy.


Yesterday, I posted about my Hearts for Haiti, listed in my Etsy shop, Green Baboon Designs. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sales of these needle felted hearts will be donated to the American Red Cross for relief in Haiti.

After a conversation this evening, my husband and I decided that we would match dollar for dollar any money from these sales up to $150.00

I wish we could do more. I wish I had skills that could be useful in a tragic situation like this. Medical experience, contacts to help orphaned children, the ability to coordinate food and water.

The people of Haiti weigh heavily on me this evening.

Simple Mama

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing and generous idea! I just bought some of your Hearts for Haiti. Every time I look at them I will think of and pray for the people of Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Beautiful goods for a wonderful cause. Just an FYI, your hearts are on apartmenttherapy.com with a haiti article!

    ReplyDelete